5 Tips to Run a Successful Facebook Mobile Campaign

With almost half of the world in its user base, Facebook is king when it comes to advertising on social media. Since Mark Zuckerberg introduced Facebook Ads in 2007, millions of companies saw a big opportunity to market their products and services. Facebook ads are easy to set up, and tracking results for each of those campaigns is pretty simple. Not only has simplicity attracted a great number of businesses to this platform, but the cost is generally inexpensive – when compared to other advertising channels – especially when considering its incredible targeting capabilities.

If you aren’t on Facebook, you are missing out on the potential to reach millions of people at a very low cost.

 

Set Clear Goals

Before launching your campaign, you must have a goal in mind. This probably sounds simple but it is a step that people tend to overlook. What your main purpose of running ads on Facebook? 

Setting a goal is necessary since it allows you to measure the results of your campaign properly. Do you want more followers for your page? Do you want more leads? Do you want more engagement to your posts? The type of goal and how its results are measured are key factors in deciding how the campaign will be ran. Without a goal, there will be no tangible results.

 

Target Your Audience

Facebook has 2.23 billion users worldwide – 185 million of those are active daily users from North America. Suffice to say, everyone is on Facebook. Whether it’s a small business owner or a college student, your ideal audience is most likely on this social media platform. 

There are three broad ways of targeting users on Facebook. You can target a pool of users with Facebook’s data (demographics, interests, location,…), people interacting with your page, or create your own custom audience by uploading a list. Facebook can also generate a lookalike audience based on the list you provided.

You can also get data from your competitors if they are on Facebook. Using the Audience Insights tool, you can see the demographic of the people that are following you or your competitor’s Facebook page, giving you valuable info as to what audience you might want to target.

From here, you can create different audience segments and A/B test which ones perform the best. You want to ensure that your target pool is big enough to cover a good amount of people, but as specific as possible to optimize for conversions.

acer-computer-device-6168

Make a Compelling Offer

Creating a good offer requires knowing what your customer wants and how to deliver the right message. Think about how you can build trust and entice your customers with persuasive ads. Your ad will fall flat if your offer is not attractive enough for people to click on. Look at what your competitors are offering and outsmart them by offering a better deal. 

 

Choose Eye-Catching Images

A good image goes hand-in-hand with good copy. Your ad will go unnoticed if you do not pick a high-quality, aesthetically pleasing image. Pick an image that relates to your audience and is relevant to your offer. Make sure that there is less than 20% text on the image, or Facebook will show it to fewer people. 

 

Utilize Retargeting

Have you ever seen an ad, clicked it once, and see it again multiple times after? That’s retargeting. It is an effective way to turn a lead into a successful conversion. Studies show that for most sites, only 2% converts at the first visit. Retargeting allows you to reach the remaining 98% that haven’t converted yet. This pool of people are already familiar with your brand and have shown interest in the past. Thus, the chances of them converting are higher versus people that are unaware of your brand.

To set up retargeting on Facebook, install a Facebook tracking pixel on your website. This pixel will track conversions and collect data on the people that have interacted with your ads and site. 

 

Now that you know what it takes to have a successful mobile campaign on Facebook, it’s time to give it a try and see how it works for your bank. If you want to let the experts handle it, contact us and we’ll be happy to help you. 

Like this article?

Share on facebook
Share on twitter
Share on linkedin
Share on pinterest